Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Indian Consumption Story = FICTION??

In one of my previous articles I have already mentioned why I think the stocks related to consumption in India need to be sold or shorted. In this short note, I will just put a small number work to try and corroborate my point.

Have a look at the numbers below and notice the serious jumps in the sales volumes of most categories.Growth trajectory changed for quite a few of them.But all of that was accompanied by the ballooning fiscal deficit. Or should I say, it was a result of the ballooning fiscal deficit.


Now that the fiscal position of the government is totally messed up, it will probably also mean a serious brake on the growth rates. 
(I have not still forfeited my right to be wrong!!)

I call it the "Fiscally Induced Consumption Tale In Overpopulated Nation" which can be abbreviated to "FICTION"!!!!

No comments: